BSP Life is pleased to reaffirm its sponsorship of $40,000 for the 2023 Fiji Human Resources Institute (FHRI) convention.
The most awaited Human Resources (HR) event will bring professionals from various industries together to discuss emerging trends, challenges, and best practices.
BSP Life Managing Director Mr. Michael Nacola stated, “BSP Life has supported FHRI for almost 10 years and we are delighted to again be part of this year’s convention. People and Culture are at the heart of strategy. We cannot execute our strategies effectively without passionate, competent, and loyal people. The adage that our People are our greatest asset is validated by the growing competition for Fijian talent locally and abroad. Through our HR practitioners we must invest in our People and strive to create work Cultures that empower, allowing people to have a voice, innovate, and feel engaged, so that they’re committed to delivering outcomes aligned with business strategy. We look forward to discussions around these topics at this year’s convention and to sharing experiences that will enable participants to broaden their People and Culture agenda in their respective organizations.”
President of FHRI, Mr Kameli Batiweti said, “BSP Life has been instrumental in contributing to the Fiji Human Resources Institute’s success over the years. We are truly grateful to BSP Life for their support and understanding of the importance of HR and People & Culture in organisations. This year’s convention theme is “Business Driven-People Focused-Brighter Future.” We look forward to some interactive and engaging sessions at the convention, not to mention the networking opportunities that this convention will bring.”
This year’s convention will be held on 17-18 March at the Sofitel Resort & Spa.
– ENDS –
About BSP Life
BSP Life is Fiji’s leading Life and Health insurance company with over 145 years’ experience. Formerly owned by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and operating as Colonial Life & Health, the Company was acquired by BSP in November 2009 and rebranded BSP Life in 2011.
Products and services include:
- Personal life insurance plans to cover education, retirement, mortgage protection, savings and investment, in addition to financial protection for loved ones in the event of untimely passing of the life insured. Policies are designed to suit the personal circumstances of the individual or family and take into account premium affordability.
- Key-man policies to enable business continuity in the event of untimely passing of a key person, including Directors.
- Group Medical and Term Life products. BSP Life currently provides local hospitalization, overseas evacuation and outpatient coverage for most of Fiji’s large corporate companies.
- Family and Individual Medical policies are also available.
- Loan protection insurance inclusive of a funeral benefit on the untimely passing of the borrower, for those taking out unsecured personal loans with BSP Bank and vehicle loans with BSP Finance.
As one of Fiji’s largest institutional investors, BSP Life’s investment portfolio is now valued at over F$985 million. The portfolio includes a number of landmark commercial properties in the Suva CBD, a gated high-end residential property, majority shareholding in Richmond Pte Limited trading as Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa and 100% ownership of Oceania Hospitals Pte Limited and Future Farms Pte Limited trading as Rooster Poultry. The Investment portfolio is balanced and diversified to ensure returns are optimized for customers who have a direct interest in the portfolio as Policyholders.
BSP Life (Fiji) is the first insurance company for the BSP Group with 10 Sales and Customer Service Centers and 150 Insurance Advisors licensed by the Reserve Bank of Fiji. BSP Life has the largest insurance customer base in Fiji with more than 90,000 customers and over 100,000 policies.
About the BSP Group
The BSP Group is a leading provider of financial services including retail and business banking, life insurance and health insurance. BSP has a proud and established reputation in Papua New Guinea, and a long history of highly successful business in the region. BSP has become the most respected bank in Papua New Guinea. Aside from Papua New Guinea, BSP is represented in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands and Solomon Islands.