BSP Life’s Step with a Purpose is currently tracking at 38.5 million steps, an average of over 1.1 million steps per day over 33 days. Team BSP Life took on a 50,000,000 Step Challenge over 60 days for WOW Kids Foundation and at the halfway point is over 10,000,000 steps ahead of target.
BSP Life subsidiaries, Oceania Hospitals and Future Farms Ltd (Rooster Chicken) have joined this initiative.
BSP Life Managing Director Michael Nacola said, “we are pleased to have our full BSP Life family, including Oceania Hospitals and Rooster, involved in this campaign. Collectively we can do more, more steps, more awareness, and more fundraising for WOWS. We set an ambitious target of 50million steps and to be tracking above target is testament to our Team’s collective endeavour to support a worthy cause, specifically children with cancer”.
“Teams have been involved in Wellness walks, Zumba and other workouts to meet their targets. We’ve also raised awareness on childhood cancer through advocacy programs and social media platforms. Staff are raising funds for the WOWS Kids Foundation, which will be matched by BSP Life. It is heart-warming to see the level of support for this important initiative,” he added.
A final Wellness Walk to wrap up the 50,000,000 Step Challenge is being organised for later this month. Follow BSP Life on social media for updates.
– ENDS –
About BSP Life
BSP Life is Fiji’s leading Life and Health insurance company with over 145 years’ experience. Formerly owned by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and operating as Colonial Life & Health, the Company was acquired by BSP in November 2009 and rebranded BSP Life (Fiji) Limited in 2011.
Products and services include:
- Personal life insurance plans to cover education, retirement, mortgage protection, savings and investment, in addition to financial protection for loved ones in the event of untimely passing of the life insured. Policies are designed to suit the personal circumstances of the individual or family and consider premium affordability.
- Key-man policies to enable business continuity in the event of untimely passing of a key person, including Directors.
- Group Medical and Term Life products. BSP Life currently provides local hospitalization, overseas evacuation and outpatient coverage for most of Fiji’s large corporate companies.
- Family and Individual Medical policies are also available.
- Loan protection insurance inclusive of a funeral benefit on the untimely passing of the borrower, for those taking out unsecured personal loans with BSP Bank and vehicle loans with BSP Finance.
As one of Fiji’s largest institutional investors, BSP Life’s investment portfolio is now valued at over F$900 Million. The portfolio includes a number of landmark commercial properties in the Suva CBD, a gated high-end residential property, majority shareholding in Richmond Pte Limited trading as Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa and 100% ownership of Oceania Hospitals Pte Limited and Future Farms Pte Limited trading as Rooster Poultry. The Investment portfolio is balanced and diversified to ensure returns are optimized for customers who have a direct interest in the portfolio as Policyholders.
BSP Life (Fiji) is the first insurance company for the BSP Group with 10 Sales and Customer Service Centers and 150 Insurance Advisors licensed by the Reserve Bank of Fiji. BSP Life has the largest insurance customer base in Fiji with more than 90,000 customers and over 100,000 policies.
About the BSP Group
The BSP Group is a leading provider of financial services including retail and business banking, life insurance and health insurance. BSP has a proud and established reputation in Papua New Guinea, and a long history of highly successful business in the region. BSP has become the most respected bank in Papua New Guinea. Aside from Papua New Guinea, BSP is represented in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands and Solomon Islands.