In support of the vital work of the Walk On Walk Strong (WOWS) Kids Foundation, the BSP Life Group and its partners completed 200 million steps over a span of 70 days, raising $35,000.
The handover of the cheque took place today following a Zumba session at Albert Park at 6am this morning. The event was marked by a sense of accomplishment and shared purpose, as the organizations expressed their gratitude to all those who contributed to this meaningful cause.
On behalf of the Group, Mr Michael Nacola said: “We acknowledge and are deeply thankful for the collaborative spirit shown by the staff of BSP Life, Rooster, Oceania Hospitals, our customers and social media followers that supported this campaign. The donation assists the lives of our little angels battling childhood cancer on a daily basis. They are heroes, and we are honoured to support them in a small way, and what better way to do this than through a Wellness initiative where everybody wins.”
The funds raised will contribute towards providing essential resources, medical assistance, and emotional support to children and families affected by childhood cancer.
– ENDS –
About BSP Life
BSP Life is Fiji’s leading Life and Health insurance company with over 146 years’ experience. Formerly owned by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and operating as Colonial Life & Health, the Company was acquired by BSP in November 2009 and rebranded BSP Life in 2011.
Products and services include:
- Personal life insurance plans to cover education, retirement, mortgage protection, savings and investment, in addition to financial protection for loved ones in the event of untimely passing of the life insured. Policies are designed to suit the
personal circumstances of the individual or family and take into account premium affordability.
- Key-man policies to enable business continuity in the event of untimely passing of a key person, including Directors.
- Group Medical and Term Life products. BSP Life currently provides local hospitalization, overseas evacuation and outpatient coverage for most of Fiji’s large corporate companies.
- Family and Individual Medical policies are also available.
- Loan protection insurance inclusive of a funeral benefit on the untimely passing of the borrower, for those taking out unsecured personal loans with BSP Bank and vehicle loans with BSP Finance.
As one of Fiji’s largest institutional investors, BSP Life’s investment portfolio is now valued at over F$1.03 Billion (Jun 2023). The portfolio includes a number of landmark commercial properties in the Suva CBD, a gated high-end residential property, majority shareholding in Richmond Pte Limited trading as Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa and 100% ownership of Oceania Hospitals Pte Limited and Future Farms Pte Limited trading as Rooster Poultry. The Investment portfolio is balanced and diversified to ensure returns are optimized for customers who have a direct interest in the portfolio as Policyholders.
BSP Life (Fiji) is the first insurance company for the BSP Group with 10 Sales and Customer Service Centers and 150 Insurance Advisors licensed by the Reserve Bank of Fiji. BSP Life has the largest insurance customer base in Fiji with more than 90,000 customers and over 100,000 policies.
About the BSP Financial Group
The BSP Financial Group is a leading provider of financial services including retail and business banking, life insurance and health insurance. BSP has a proud and established reputation in Papua New Guinea, and a long history of highly successful business in the region. BSP has become the most respected bank in Papua New Guinea. Aside from Papua New Guinea, BSP is represented in Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands and Solomon Islands.